Born on November 20, 1942, in the working-class family in Scranton, Pennsylvania, Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. aka Joe Biden is among the most experienced and adroit politicians in America. Joe Biden is an esteemed and influential member of American politics since the last 55 years. He brings with him substantial experience, having served two terms as the Vice President under the Obama administration from 2008 to 2017 and in the United States Senate for six terms. Joe Biden is contesting against the Republican candidate Donald Trump in the U.S Election 2020 and his career in the political realm isn’t looking to end soon.
If Biden wins the trust of the USA on November 5, at 78, he will create history by becoming the oldest President to lead the administration in the USA.
Here are top 10 facts you probably didn’t know about Joe Biden.
1. Throughout his adolescence he suffered from a speech impediment/stutter. He was even ridiculed by his classmates for his feeble abilities to articulate words. Biden then decided to overcome the stutter problem by working on his pronunciation, memorising paragraphs, and reciting poems in front of the mirror.
2. Biden met his future wife Neilia Hunter in the Bahamas during a spring break vacation. They both got hitched in 1966. However, Neilia and their daughter met with an unfortunate car accident that killed them both.
3. During this troubled time, in the hospital, while his son was getting treated, he took his first oath as Senator of Delaware.
4. Joe Biden was so devastated by the event, he almost quit politics. However, after battling depression for years, he married Jill Biden in 1977 and they are still together. U.S
5. Biden has had multiple brain surgeries in the past. His medical problem was discovered in 1988 when one of his yearly medical reports revealed a leaking aneurysm in his brain. These physical issues hampered his position as a Senate. But he recovered from the medical condition and was declared healthy to contest in the US Election 2020.
6. Biden has been accused multiple times of personal misconduct. In 2019 by Lucy Flores, a former candidate for Nevada lieutenant-governor. Another allegation was made a woman back in 2008, alleging that Biden made her feel uncomfortable. However, Biden apologized, declaring it was an honest mistake and he had no intention of hurting anyone.
7. Biden has written and published two memoirs. He published Promises to Keep: On Life and Politics, in 2007 and Promise Me Dad: A Year of Hope, Hardship, and Purpose, in 2017.
8. Biden has been a victim of a possible assassination attempt in 2015. The secret service agent heard a gunshot fired in the direction of Joe Biden’s house on January 25. Joe Biden and Jill were unharmed in the incident.
9. Biden is a pro-LGBTQ. In a campaign speech for U.S Presidential elections 2020, Biden vowed to protect the community rights.
10. Joe Biden is often seen giving long, dull, verbose speeches and making extemporaneous statements. Reportedly, Barack Obama while attending one of Joe Biden’s speeches, wrote an SOS message on a note, quote- ” Shoot. Me. Now” U.S Election 2020. U.S Election 2020 U.S Election 2020.
When Joe Biden divulged that he might have to sell his residence to support his son’s medical treatment, President Obama offered to pay for it.
Joe Biden played in the Archmere’s undefeated 1960 football team as a halfback and a wide receiver. He caught 18 touchdown passes.
When Neilia’s mother met Joe Biden for the first time, she questioned what he desired and wanted to do for a living. Joe Biden said he intended to become the president of the USA. joe joe joe joe joe joe U joe joe joe joe joe joe joe joe joe joe joe joe.S Election 2020. U.S Election 2020